I absolutely adore the fat, gumpy lord Ganesha and I welcome him each year with much festivity. But, a day and half of non-stop laddoos make me want to reach out to something far less decadent for the next few days. I needed something to get me out of my sugar slump!
These muffins are beautiful and wholesome with 3-4 different grains, some butter milk and heaps of nuts and dried fruits. The cornmeal gives a nice bite to this and if you are not making it immediately after indulgent few days I’d suggest you add some dark choco chips to this.
Note: When using butter milk make sure it’s at room temperature. Also, make sure your oven is pre-heated to 160 degrees C and your muffin tray is generously buttered!
Put the coffee to brew while these bake!
- 125 gms flour
- 50 gms whole wheat flour
- 40 gms yellow cornmeal
- 30 gms oats
- 40 gms sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 140 ml butter milk
- 75 gms honey
- 100 gms butter melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 100 gms dried fruit (raisins/apricots/cranberries go best) and chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 180.
- Lightly grease the cups of a standard muffin pan or line with paper baking cups.
- In a largish bowl mix together cornmeal, flour, wholewheat, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda.
- In another bowl mix the buttermilk, honey, eggs, melted butter.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dried ingredients and with a whisk or a spatula blend them together. It will appear lumpy but don’t worry about that.
- Add the dried fruit or nuts or chocolate
- Divide the batter into muffin moulds and bake for 18-20 minutes